Gallery: The Casino De Paris Striptease Club

The Casino de Paris opened in London in April 1958, a few months after the 1957 law that finally allowed moving nudes to appear in private members clubs – effectively legalising striptease. One of the classiest strip clubs in London, it kept going until 1977, when the owners Eric Lindsay and Ray Jackson closed it down, due to Westminster redevelopment plans.

Here’s a gallery of press ads for the club, from the mid 1960s to the early 1970s. To read more – much more – about this club, check out Eric Lindsay’s website.

Advertisements